Preview edited step...

Notifications
Clear all

Preview edited steps?

perptia
(@perptia)
Topic starter  

I realize that the eloquencer is not an sh101-style sequencer, but I am curious if there is a way to step FWD/BACK through steps to preview them?  I know that you can preview/audition notes when you are in the [LIVE] mode; just curious if there is a way to do this with the sequencer stopped.

WinterModular
(@wintermodular)
Member Moderator

Hi @perptia,

There is a way to do something similar. We call it pre-listen. When you are stopped in CV step edition ( first press in the CV button beside PLAY/STOP ) when you press the step the gate output goes high and the CV output changes to the CV in that step.

There is an option where you decide if the pre-listen functionality works on the selected track or in all the tracks. You can find it in FUNC + OPTIONS (hold) >Pre-listen. You have 3 options:

- OFF : nothing happens when you press a step being in CV edition
- curr. trk : When you press a step being in CV edition the gate output goes high and the CV output changes to the pressed step value. (if the step is active)
- all tracks: When you press a step being in CV edition the gate outputs go high and the CV outputs change to the pressed steps value. (if the steps are active)

ReplyQuote
perptia
(@perptia)
Topic starter  

@wintermodular thank you; I will give this a try.

ReplyQuote
perptia
(@perptia)
Topic starter  

@wintermodular 

"- curr. trk : When you press a step being in CV edition the gate output goes high and the CV output changes to the pressed step value. (if the step is active)"

hmmm... I see that this works, but it does the opposite of what I would expect.  😛

When the GATE goes HIGH, I do not see a gate output, but when it goes LOW I do!

Is this intended behavior?  It seems to be the inverse of what you describe.  I'm running v1.3.9

ReplyQuote