Projects disappeare...

Notifications
Clear all

Projects disappeared

Another_user
(@another_user)
Topic starter  

Last night saved projects are empty this morning.

This is getting sad.
Last night I happily jammed for a couple of hours, hacking in some really great sounding patterns.
I've done this on Project A12. I have used Track 1 as a global tonal change track, i let other Tracks follow this Track 1 to change progression.
Track 7 kept normal, not changing according to Track 1, just to make some slow Bass movements every first step of a quarter.
It all sounded great, I felt happy.
To make sure I keep it, I then saved this Project A12 to Project A11. From here I only played on Project A11 for a while.
Even I was tired, and wanted to go to bed, I changed a step here and there, and saved this to Project A10, but did not stop playing around.
I then saved the same Project to A15, just to make sure, I have my last changes saved.
So far, so good. I switched off the Rack.

This morning, about 2 hours before, I then switched on my rack again, wanted to see and hear what I have done.
BUT
All those Projects are empty. Nothing in it. No CV, no Gates, nothings.
I am quite sad as this happened two days before already. But I thought by myself that I was stupid enough not to save the Project correctly and I did something wrong. It seems I didn't.
I immediately checked about a older Project on D16 that I saved on Sunday when a friend visited me and also typed in some very interesting patterns, but they are gone as well.
Actually everything is gone except Project A1 and A12, which I typed in after I reported the issue about ELO sending Notes on visually empty Tracks https://winter-modular.com/community/postid/1801/
What I had done here was formatting the SD-Card and recharging it with the essential files to run ELO properly.

So now I feel a bit sad about this strange my ELO shows, and I want to ask for suggestions or help on this.

WinterModular
(@wintermodular)
Member Admin

I'm terrible sorry to hear that. It seems the micro SD card is corrupted in some way.
Now its late for the advice, but we strongly recommend to do a regular copy of the SD card because it is the only element in the system that is out of our control/qc. We mention it in the manual.

Before formatting the SD card, Did you try to see the SD card and its files in a computer?

If affirmative, Did you back up it? If you still have those files I can try to recover it.Please send it to support@winter-modular.com

if you don't have the back up files and, as you mentioned, you format the SD card, I strongly recommend to use another micro SD card, because this is not the normal behaviour, something is not ok in with this card.

ReplyQuote
Another_user
(@another_user)
Topic starter  

@wintermodular
Hello and thank you for your answer!
Yes, I did make a copy of the original files of the SD-Card right away after purchasing the module.
In fact this was the first action I made after arriving at home as fortunately the "Modular Guy" at musicstore cologne told me to do so. Not only i copied the SD-Card, I also got a second one, same size, same formatting on which I copied the recommended files and attached it to my Rack in case I travel to make music on other spots than my place.

I don't know if the SD-Card is damaged. I never misused it, and also I never did anything other than using it in ELO and, of course, transferring the needed files onto it.

However, last nights music files are lost.
I will try to reproduce what I have done and report if this behavior occurs again.

ReplyQuote
Another_user
(@another_user)
Topic starter  

I just tried to save the Project again.
As you can see in the attached file, I used A08, A09, A10, A11, A13, and A15 to save the Project I initially had saved on A12.
I will send you an email with the Project, if you agree.

ReplyQuote