Question on song mode and creating parts
I just got my new Winter Modular Eloquencer and love it. I can create patterns, save patterns, load and play them back. However, I have trouble creating parts and songs. When I enter the parts and song menu, it does not let me choose the patterns for a new part or song. How would I do this? So if I have patterns A1, B1, and C1 then how would I create a new part A with these patterns then create part B with patterns A2, B2, and C2 and add to a new song for playback? I read the manual but having trouble figuring out how to program the sequencer to do this.
You need to create patterns in PATTERN Section ( FUNC + PATTERN)
Then you need to create SONG PARTS (using the patterns you have previously created) in the SONG PART section.
Then you can acces those SONG PARTS created to create a SONG.
I try to create a pattern by func+pattern key after loading a saved project. That opens the menu for patterns. It shows pattern a1 in play. But it does not let me create sequence for new pattern. It only shows pattern a1 and b1 is blank. When I select pattern to edit, b1 how do I do this to enter gates for a sequence and save pattern b1? I can use encoder to change things like scale grp and reset and patt chain.
However, I cannot change the current pattern to play a different pattern say switch from patt a1 to patt b1 and cannot save patterns.
Here is a video of my stumbling to figure things out
I am new to this sequencer and trying to wrap my head around it.
I can't see the video.
There are many ways to do edit different patterns inside a project:
- Edit pattern A1. Select an empty pattern A2 (in the PATTERN section). Then press any of the step edition modes, for example GATE, activate gates, then , for example, press CV and modify CV values. Then if you go to PATTERN mode you will have access to both patterns.
- Using the shortcut. You are in one of the step edition modes (CV, GATE, GL or RAT) and you are in pattern A1, you edit it, and using the FUNC + turn encoder shortcut you can directly go to pattern A2, then you can edit A2, you can access and edit it. You can select and modify as patterns as you need.
- Using duplicate. You are in one of the step edition modes (CV, GATE, GL or RAT) and you are in pattern A1, you edit it, and then you can use the duplicate funtion ( FUNC + DUPLICATE (hold) to create a copy of A1 and copy it in the next empty slot (pattern A2). Now you are playing and editing A2, and you have created two patterns A1 and A2.
Now that we have created some patterns we can create a sequence of patterns in different ways:
- Creating a song part: FUNC + SONG (hold) > Create song part
- Creating a quick pattern chain: FUNC + PATTERN (Hold) and pressing at the same time the first and the last pattern you want to chain.
Ok. SO I tried what you said, but. How can I transfer the patterns to become a part so I can use it to create a song. So far I cannot transfer that information in patterns to parts. Can you save the parts?
Please detail each step.
Hi @edmundotom1 !
A part is a sequence of patterns, you can sequence up to 16 patterns in one part, but you can create a part containing only one pattern. Song is only necessary if you want to create
Part creation process (manual page 26 https://winter-modular.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/Eloquencer_Manual_V1.3.0.pdf ):
Choose “Create Part” in the SONG menu.
Choose the Part you want to create using the track buttons (bank) and the step buttons to choose the desired Part to edit. There are 64 Parts in every project (4 Banks of 16 Parts each).
Once you have chosen the Part to edit, press the encoder button to start introducing patterns in this Part. Notice that the chosen Part will be lit in green and the previously edited Parts will be lit in orange. Empty parts will not be lit.
If song mode is active and you want to edit the same Part that is currently in play, you will be asked to stop the sequencer. In all the other cases it is not necessary to stop.
Once you have pressed the encoder button you will delete the previous information in the desired part.
Next use track and step buttons to choose the desired patterns. Following the same color scheme the edited patterns will be lit in orange, and the empty patterns will not be lit. In this case it's not possible to choose empty patterns to create a Part. Once you are done and you have chosen all the patterns to create that Part, press the encoder to finish. If you reach the maximum amount of patterns per Part (16) it will automatically stop the Part creation.
Yes great I read this before, still. I cannot transfer my patterns in the part section and save them for performance later.
I would like to be able to get 4 patterns into a parts and them make a song. Right now I cannot transfer the pattern to part and save them to be used as a song later.
How can you do that, manual does not help.
I'm not sure if I understand the question.
Do you want to put 4 patterns into one part (a single 64 steps long part)? or do you want to put 4 patterns into 4 different parts ( 4 different parts of 16 steps each) ?
In both cases you just need to create a part of 4 patterns (first case) or create 4 parts of 1 pattern each, using the 'Create part' tool mentioned above.
There is no way to directly transform a pattern into a part, you just need to create a part of 1 pattern length.