Questions for build...

Notifications
Clear all

Questions for building a custom breakout module

modular01
(@modular01)
Topic starter  

Hi,
i am evaluating to create a small breakout board for the eloquencer.
the plan is to have a 2 x 8 pushbutton matrix for permanent access to 2 of the "performance functionalities":
left row buttons will mute/unmute the 8 tracks
right row buttons will toggle "fill mode" of the 8 tracks

my approach is to use an arduino nano with an optocoupler circuit that can RX/TX midi data.

now i have a few questions:

I have to admit that i dind't research that deep regarding Eloquencer's midi controlability but i assume it will be possible to toggle mute and fill for all 8 tracks with a midi controller.
is this true?

Will this technically be possible without the EME breakout?
I do not own the EME and i'd like to avoid to include it in my rack. its not about the money but about the HP

Case yes, is there any documentation which pins of SV1 SV2 are the RX/TX pins of the Eloquencer?
related to https://winter-modular.com/community/eloquencer/documentation-of-the-pin-headers/

I consider to use LED pushbuttons (especially for the mute state).
Does the Eloquencer send out MIDI data on its TX pin when the mute state is toggled on the eloquencer itself?
Does the Eloquencer send out MIDI data on its TX pin when the "fill in" state is toggled on the eloquencer itself?

Thank you

This topic was modified 4 months ago by modular01

WinterModular
(@wintermodular)
Member Moderator

Hi @modular01 !

Posted by: @modular01

I have to admit that i dind't research that deep regarding Eloquencer's midi controlability but i assume it will be possible to toggle mute and fill for all 8 tracks with a midi controller.
is this true?

Yes! It is true 🙂 Find a video below where I try to explain how the Eloquencer works using a controller,  you can find your answer in 14:45, but I totally recommend to see it all, there are different/new ways to control the Eloquencer that can't be done without the EME.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWYXDU1KH0w

In the EME manual you can find the list of parameters, CC numbers and MIDI channels:
https://winter-modular.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/EME-manual.pdf

Will this technically be possible without the EME breakout?
I do not own the EME and i'd like to avoid to include it in my rack. its not about the money but about the HP

The strict answer to your question is: yes, it is technically possible.

It requires to know the way the Eloquencer talks with the EME (it is close to the MIDI protocol itself at different baud rate, but there is some initial hand shake to know each other, and some other stuff that differs from MIDI protocol )

So right now it is not possible but it will be when I open the code in the next FW udpate

Does the Eloquencer send out MIDI data on its TX pin when the mute state is toggled on the eloquencer itself?
Does the Eloquencer send out MIDI data on its TX pin when the "fill in" state is toggled on the eloquencer itself?

Mute is 'toggle style' so when you touch it in the Eloquencer it sends a message to the controller giving its state.

Fill is 'push style' so it does not send message.

ReplyQuote
modular01
(@modular01)
Topic starter  

@WinterModular

Thank you so much for your answers! So i will wait for the next firmware update...

This post was modified 4 months ago by modular01

ReplyQuote
Another_user
(@another_user)
Eminent Member

i am evaluating to create a small breakout board for the eloquencer.

Let me know when it is in a state to produce, I would like to buy one of those then.
Thank you!
Kind regards

ReplyQuote