Ratcheting question

Notifications
Clear all

Ratcheting question

perptia
(@perptia)
Topic starter  

I am sure the answer to my question might be "no", but I thought maybe I'm overlooking something: 

Is there a way to remap the order of the ratcheting so that the probability chooses options that are not the standard table?  I love a lot of them, but if there was a way to remove some of them or reorder them so that when I select a ratcheting range it would sound less arrythmic it would be so cool.  😎 

Thanks!

Topic Tags
WinterModular
(@wintermodular)
Member Moderator

Hi @perptia,

Right now there is no way to do so.

At some point we thought adding an option to restrict the ratcheting to the 'most musical' : full triplet (1/48) and full demisemiquavers (1/32), but at the end it was discarded. Is this your idea? or you need the ability to specifically remove certain ratchets? something like: I want to remove x-x and -x

ReplyQuote
perptia
(@perptia)
Topic starter  

@wintermodular thank you for the reply.  Hm... just removing wouldn't be ideal, as I may want to reorder them.  So it occurs to me that something like a text file on the SD card might be beneficial, since the module would be able to read this at initialization.  What do you think?  This way you could specify whatever number/order you wanted.  Just an idea but I think it would be an improvement on the module because otherwise I do think the eloquencer has a "certain sound" in this way.

Thanks again for being open to the conversation.

ReplyQuote
WinterModular
(@wintermodular)
Member Moderator

Hi @perptia !

Thanks to you for the feedback. In terms of interface it could be difficult to do the selection, maybe a specific page in OPTIONS. Your proposal could be a solution for the interface problem. Will think about it and try to add something for the next fw update.

ReplyQuote
Another_user
(@another_user)
Eminent Member

@wintermodular

You might know "https://dermannmitdermaschine.de", Matthias.

He is the creator of "droid" https://shop.dermannmitdermaschine.de/pages/droid-universal-cv-processor

He uses the process mentioned by @perptia writing just a few lines of text in any editor, saving it to the SDcart and then updating the device he created.

If ELO could go this way too, I would like to jump off the roof just for happiness.

ReplyQuote
perptia
(@perptia)
Topic starter  
Posted by: @wintermodular

Hi @perptia !

Thanks to you for the feedback. In terms of interface it could be difficult to do the selection, maybe a specific page in OPTIONS. Your proposal could be a solution for the interface problem. Will think about it and try to add something for the next fw update.

thank you for considering this.  I appreciate it

ReplyQuote