Reset input problem

Notifications
Clear all

Reset input problem

kilowatt
(@kilowatt)
Topic starter  

Hello ! maybe I am doing something wrong, but the reset input option (RST IN: STOP TRIGG / PLAY-STOP) only works as a regular RESET for the pattern

Is this a bug ?

I would like to use the PLAY-STOP functionality to start/stop the sequencer from the reset input.

Your machine is great by the way, 8 outputs e una maravilla !!

peace

kilowatt

WinterModular
(@wintermodular)
Member Moderator

Hi kW !

You are right: the startH-stopL, works as a reset. There are some machines that need this behavior for the reset, so when they receive a LOW signal they reset the sequence to its first position.
The new firmware will include two new functionalities for the rst input, both of them strictly related with play and stop, so I assume it would do the function you need. The new FW will be released very soon, when shipping the new EMEs.

ReplyQuote
kilowatt
(@kilowatt)
Topic starter  

yo ! actually I have revision 1_2_0 and in the main OPTIONS menu, at the bottom, I see "RST IN: PLAY/STOP (or STOP TRIGG)", I was talking about this one.  The reset input jack option.  Not the startH-stopL option is in the AUX menu.

So maybe it is there but not working yet 🤔 ?

thanks !

ReplyQuote
WinterModular
(@wintermodular)
Member Moderator

Yes ! I was referring to this one too, but I messed with the name
In your version (1.2.0)  RST IN: PLAY/STOP is still referring to reset, so if the master goes from play to stop, the eloquencer is expecting a signal going from HIGH to LOW, so as soon as the eloquencer receives a LOW in its reset input will understand it as a reset.
With the upcoming FW there 4 possibilities in the rst in config (2 relative to reset, 2 relative to play/stop):

Reset trigger: Resets when receiving a trigger
Reset LOW:  Resets when receiving a LOW
P/S trigger: Play or stop when receiving a trigger
playH/stopL: play if HIGH, stop if LOW

ReplyQuote
kilowatt
(@kilowatt)
Topic starter  

Oh okay I get it !  Thanks for the explanation.

ReplyQuote