Set Pattern Length?

Notifications
Clear all

Set Pattern Length?

Sonakinesis
(@sonakinesis)
Topic starter  

Hello fellow Eloquencer users, a question: Where do I set the pattern length? No, not the track length, but the actual pattern length? (Pattern chaining involved)
I've set all 8 tracks to a length of 14. I press play, and playback is reflected on the display as expected (steps 1 -14 cycle continuously). However, when I chain patterns 1 & 2 together, playback no longer seems to work correctly. On the display, the beginning and end of playback reflected by the steps keeps shifting. Playback of notes is now jumbled. If I turn on reset, playback alternately cycles as 1-14, 1-2.......
It seems to me that I need to be able to set the individual pattern lengths, not just the track length.

WinterModular
(@wintermodular)
Member Admin

Hi @sonakinesis,

There are a bunch of parameters involved in the pattern/track reset behavior.

1) Master Track ( FUNC  +  CLOCK )
This is an important parameter in the sequencer. The Master Track defines when we reach the end of the pattern. The Master Track can be configured as any of the tracks or as an internal counter that can go from 1 to 64 steps.
When the Master Track reaches its end, it will send a Reset order to the other tracks to go to their firsts steps, unless one of this tracks is de-attached from Master Track orders (Options>Reset track config).
Pattern changes, song and song parts behaviours will be affected by how you setup this parameter. A pattern change will always take place when the master track reaches its end. For example if we choose that our Master Track is Track A, and we create a song part using patterns that have different track lengths, the song part length will be defined by the length of all “A” sections of the different patterns we have chosen to create the song part.
Patt. Length:
Here we chose the pattern length if we have chosen the internal counter as the Master track (“int.”).

2) Reset track config. ( FUNC + OPTIONS)
Use this option to detach tracks from the Master track so they are not reset when the Master track reach its end.
Select “Reset track config.” and press the encoder to access the configuration screen. Use the track buttons to choose which tracks to detach / attach.

3) Pattern Reset ( FUNC + PATTERN (hold) )  Defines the Pattern reset behavior, in 1.3.9 beta you have 3 options to choose:
off: Tracks will reset depending on 'reset track config'
on: Tracks will always reset independently from 'reset track config'
first: Tracks will reset to its first position only the first time that they are played (coming from another pattern) Find it in FUNC + PATTERN
(hold)

Afturmath liked
ReplyQuote
WinterModular
(@wintermodular)
Member Admin

@sonakinesis if the configurations mentioned in the post above do not help you, please describe a practical situation so I can try to find the confiuration to reach the desired behavior.

ReplyQuote