Clear all

strange CV in behavior

Maikschott
(@maikschott)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Hi everyone here,

following situation happened:

I have Track A,B,C,D - each with one different note on step 1 - which gives a Cmaj7 chord in sum (C0,G0,E1 and B1).

On track H - I have a step mode divide by 16, which means it runs 16 times slower than all the other tracks. I have steps 1,5,9,13 on track H active which results in some nice chord progressions because I have everything quantized in the C major scale. Track H is connected via CV out to CV input 1 and I put the CV Input to „add CV“.

But: strange effect: when I press play I hear the chords change on step 2,6,10,14 - so there is a delay in the connection cv out Track H and CV in. I could not get it right and I even updated to 1.39 but it did not help. I tried it on other tracks, too. Same effect.

I have everything on video uploaded. Maybe someone can help here - I was just in the middle of a session but could not go further.

Best from Hamburg
Maik

Topic Tags
WinterModular
(@wintermodular)
Member Admin

I'm following the other thread talking about this. It is a sort of concept/time question. if I want to choose a CV for any track i first need to read the CV in to know if any parameter will be changed by CV in, but if the CV comes from another track it hasn't change yet. There are ways to solve it but need to change the internal code structure.

ReplyQuote
Maikschott
(@maikschott)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Thanks for your feedback - maybe it is something for an update. It would help to simplify creating a songpart of lets say 8 bars within one pattern with the help of making different subdivisions on different tracks.

Maik

ReplyQuote