Notifications
Clear all

Switching between Patterns - Track length

Another_user
(@another_user)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Hello again,
I am playing a pattern with different track lenghts.
Lets say all tracks have 16 steps, but only one Track has 6 steps.
Now I switch the pattern number using my EME - but also rotating the Encoder - to another pattern.
Both patterns do have a similar musical behavior, BUT all tracks are 16 steps long.
Now the trouble begins, because this one track will stay in the Grid of the 6 steps, which makes it "running behind" all other tracks.

I want to change that, and want to ask how is that to achieve?

WinterModular
(@wintermodular)
Member Admin

Hi @another_user,

The expected behaviour can be achieved. There are 3 important concepts that need to be clear to understand the behaviour: 'Master track' (manual page 16) 'Reset Track Config' (page 19)  and 'Pattern reset' (page 21).

If I correctly understand your needs you just need to configure your second pattern 'Pattern Reset' to 'FIRST', so the first time this pattern is played (coming from another pattern) it will reset all their tracks to its first position no matter if the tracks are attached or not to the 'Master Track' in the 'Reset Track config'

Let me know if it worked

ReplyQuote
Another_user
(@another_user)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Hello again,
thank you for your reply, Eloy.

Actually the Manual says "do this" and "do that", but there are only rare cases where it says "To do this go here", or, "to achive this parameter to be changed, press shift button and button x, use the rotary encoder to go here, press this to enter".

Maybe I am expecting too much, but missing those hints makes it quite difficult for me to understand the connections between procedures that have to be done.
I know, to write a manual is quite difficult as a creator of the device as you are the one knowing each and every step from the beginning.
But having a manual that tells me steps to follow, maybe with -not too much, not too fancy- pictogrammes would make it very much easier to learn how to use a device complex like a modular synth module. Especially if there are some other modules I like to combine and need to learn together.

If you see a Roland JD800, for example, which is a almost 30 years old, but fun and quite complex Synthesizer, which came with two books more than 350 pages each in my eyes was easier to learn than your device in a modular environment.

I don't want to sound mean, but I would like to have much more fun from the most expensive module in my case so far instead of having to find out how it works myself.
There was more enthusiasm in me as it was new, now, some days later this shrunk a bit down learning that "This won't work", "This can't be done", "For that I need to buy another device"...

Thank you for understanding.

ReplyQuote