Weird behavior - EL...

Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] Weird behavior - ELO sends CV & Gate on empty tracks

Another_user
(@another_user)
Topic starter  

Hello all,
starting the night before my just two weeks old Eloquencer today shows some really weird behavior.
Eloquencer sends out CV and Gate on totally empty tracks. Not only on one track, but on track B, C, and D.
I double checked there are no CV and Gate informations stored on those tracks prior to open up this new topic.
I already used the "Real time Record function" to make sure to delete the CVs in case there are CVs stored on those tracks but not shown on the displays for any reason.
I rebooted the whole rack about 20 times already, I disconnected all cables and carefully reconnected them step by step.
None of those actions made the Eloquencer stopping from that strange behavior.
I am lost.
Could anybody help me, please?
Thank you!

-----
EDIT: Now I deleted the SD-Card, transferred the needed files back on to it.

-def_tune.elo
-current_tune.elo
-cv_in_tune.elo
-global_config.elo
-global_config_2.elo

Eloquencer seems to have stopped the described behavior.
I will test if the this happens again and report if it occurs again.

WinterModular
(@wintermodular)
Member Admin

Hi @another_user,

Before deleting the SD card, did you tried to load a new project ?

Did you checked the LFO configuration ? when the LFO is active the CV output changes its values even if the track is empty.

Is it solved now ?

ReplyQuote
Another_user
(@another_user)
Topic starter  

@wintermodular

Hello, thank you for your answer and suggestions!

Yes, I tried many things including the one you mentioned, the LFO-settings.
The device still kept playing notes in a weird, random manner.
After formatting the SD card and reinstalling the files I mentioned before this behavior ended, and ELO got back to normal.
For now I would say the issue is solved.

ReplyQuote
WinterModular
(@wintermodular)
Member Admin

ok! please keep me update.

The only expected situation where the CV and GATE out do things that are not in the sequence is with LFO (that you had already checked) and the MIDI route, that can only be activated if you have the EME.

ReplyQuote
Another_user
(@another_user)
Topic starter  

@wintermodular

I dont have a EME at this time. (Money, you know)
But I will observe the issue and report updates.

I love this device and the work you do, because when I started Eurorack  in FEB this year immediately my desire to build my own sequencer came back into my mind.
I had started building one in back 2006 when Arduino started, but stopped the project as things in my life changed.
Later, in 2014 I went back to the idea after I got connected to a local hacker space, set up my own one and so on.
Just by accident I came across ELO, recognizing you already implemented almost all the ideas I had in mind for my machine.
After putting away my anger about it, I straight went to the store to buy your unit just after watching 10 minutes yt-videos of yours. 🙂

ReplyQuote
WinterModular
(@wintermodular)
Member Admin

hi @another_user !

Thanks for your nice words, as I mention in another thread i will probably release the code with the upcoming fw update.
As you probably know it is based on the Arduino Due processor and can be programmed using the arduino platform.

ReplyQuote