EME Midi Input/Cloc...

Notifications
Clear all

EME Midi Input/Clock working, but MIDI Out not working  

xelph
(@xelph)
Topic starter  

Hey there. I have connected my EME to the elequencer, it receives external MIDI clock and start/stop messages fine, but it will not output MIDI info no matter what I do. I have set the channels to Voice/Note mode. I see the light blinking next to the MIDI OUT jack, but no gear will actually receive MIDI notes from it. Spent a few hours trying to figure this out and I am at a loss. Could it be that I am using it in an old pittsburg Cell48 case? It might not have 5V power. Not sure if that matters. Everything else works fine, the sequencer works fine with CV/Gate, it is just the MIDI out that doesn't work.

WinterModular
(@wintermodular)
Member Admin

Hi @xelph !

The 5V BUS it is only used by the USB power. So if you want to use a MIDI controller powered with USB you will need the 5V BUS. In other situations, like the one you describe, the 5V is not necessary.

From your description I understand your configuration is at follows.

- In the MIDI OUT menu ( FUNC + MIDI (hold) > MIDI OUT ) you have something like: "Track A CH1 voice note", "Track B CH2 voice note" ...
- You are sending the DIN5 MIDI OUT to other MIDI devices
- Sequences have steps actives.

Please check the following.

- Tracks are unmuted
- There is no selection in the MIDI IN ROUTE section. Something like 'none >> Track A' , 'none >> Track B' ...
- Are the analog output ( Gate & CV) working fine in the tracks where the MIDI does not work ?
- If you send the MIDI out to a device that can detect MIDI clock, Is it detected ?

ReplyQuote
xelph
(@xelph)
Topic starter  
Posted by: @wintermodular

Hi @xelph !

The 5V BUS it is only used by the USB power. So if you want to use a MIDI controller powered with USB you will need the 5V BUS. In other situations, like the one you describe, the 5V is not necessary.

From your description I understand your configuration is at follows.

- In the MIDI OUT menu ( FUNC + MIDI (hold) > MIDI OUT ) you have something like: "Track A CH1 voice note", "Track B CH2 voice note" ...
- You are sending the DIN5 MIDI OUT to other MIDI devices
- Sequences have steps actives.

Please check the following.

- Tracks are unmuted
- There is no selection in the MIDI IN ROUTE section. Something like 'none >> Track A' , 'none >> Track B' ...
- Are the analog output ( Gate & CV) working fine in the tracks where the MIDI does not work ?
- If you send the MIDI out to a device that can detect MIDI clock, Is it detected ?

Thanks for the quick reply! Your three first assumptions are correct. My MIDI input settings all look like "none >> TRK A." The analog outputs On the same tracks work fine with identical sequences. When i send MIDI into my computer and try to monitor with MIDI Monitor i get nothing. No MIDI gear works. This is all over DIN MIDI cables. I dont have a USB Cable with A type on both sides, so i cant connect my computer to check USB MIDI, but I only want to use it with DIN cables anyway.

ReplyQuote
WinterModular
(@wintermodular)
Member Admin

Hi again @xelph !

Have you checked the four things I mentioned ? (specially clock and midi in route)

ReplyQuote
xelph
(@xelph)
Topic starter  

@wintermodular

as I wrote in my last post, all my MIDI IN Route look like "none >> TRK A"

i dont see any question about clock ij your first reply?

ReplyQuote
xelph
(@xelph)
Topic starter  

Ahh i see the question. No, it is not sending clock out. I can connect it to my tanzbar, press play, and it does nothing. I then connect my cirklon to the tanzbar with the same cable, press play, and it starts fine.

ReplyQuote
WinterModular
(@wintermodular)
Member Admin

Hi again @xelph,

If you get nothing in the MIDI output we can start thinking on a HW problem.

It doesn't seem a configuration problem because, as you mentioned, the LED is blinking and everything seems to be well configured.The LED is not exactly the same as the MIDI stream, I mean... the signals are different, both come from the processor in separate ports, they are just the same as a concept. So we can deduct that the software is correctly configured because the led is blinking but there is no signal on the MIDI stream.

Please contact us via support@winter-modular.com and we will tell you on how to proceed.

ReplyQuote
WinterModular
(@wintermodular)
Member Admin

HI @xelph!

Did you solve the issue ?

We haven't received any email regarding this issue in the support e-mail account.

ReplyQuote
xelph
(@xelph)
Topic starter  
Posted by: @wintermodular

HI @xelph!

Did you solve the issue ?

We haven't received any email regarding this issue in the support e-mail account.

I messaged you just after seeing this comment but haven't Received a reply. Just making sure it went through properly.

ReplyQuote
WinterModular
(@wintermodular)
Member Admin

Ok answered !

ReplyQuote