eme midi out bridge...

Notifications
Clear all

eme midi out bridge dato from the usb hub

jjad3ll
(@jjad3ll)
Topic starter  

hell0 wm!

i'm planning on buying the eme the only doubt i got is that if it would be possible for me, from a usb keyboard connected to eme send directly data to the midi dyn out of eme, some note on off msgs to other equipment so i wouldn't have to use it only as midi clock output for other synths or the eloquencer "free play keyboard" to output midi notes rather as a bridge usb midi in to dyn midi out

thanks

WinterModular
(@wintermodular)
Member Admin

Hi @jjad3ll !

There is a workaround you can do solve this need.

You should go to FUNC + MIDI (hold) > MIDI OUT and choose a Track, MIDI channel, and type of message (voice / note).

Then you should go toto FUNC + MIDI (hold) > MIDI IN > MIDI IN ROUTE and choose the same track you have chosen in MIDI OUT and then the MIDI channel of the keyboard.

This way you 'lose' a track but you can redirect the incoming MIDI messages from one Channel, to the DIN5 output as a different (or the same) channel.

ReplyQuote
ezekucich
(@ezekucich)

Hola ! Yo he podido enviar notas con ese metodo y funciona muy bien ! Me preguntaba si es posible tambien enviar mensajes cc.

Intente usar un nanokontrol para enviar cc a un octatrack a traves de EME y no tuve suerte. Configure MIDI OUt en cc message en lugar de NOTE, pero al tener que seleccionar tambien un numero para ese cc, sospecho que no será posible usar el EME como host para reenviar cc desde un controlador usb a un dispositivo conectado al DIN OUT de EME.

Muchas Gracias !

ReplyQuote
WinterModular
(@wintermodular)
Member Admin

Hola @ezekucich ! El MIDI OUT permite tanto mensajes de voice, como de PC o CC, el problema es que el MIDI IN route solo esta diseñado para enrutar mensajes de VOICE (note on/off).

MIDI OUT allows MIDI voice messages, and also PC and CC, the problem is with MIDI IN route, that is only designed to route MIDI voice messages.

ReplyQuote
ezekucich
(@ezekucich)

@wintermodular Muchas Gracias por la respuesta, comprar'e entonces un midi usb host, el modulo es espectacular, Saludos !

ReplyQuote