EME sporadically un...

Notifications
Clear all

EME sporadically unrecognized by Eloquencer

jube
 jube
(@jube)
Topic starter  

I recently got a second hand Eloquencer with EME. I just noticed that sometimes the EME is not recognized during boot. I tested the cable with a multimeter and the cable seems fine. I noticed this both on the stable firmware (1.3.8) and the latest beta (1.3.9). 

Any tips on how to resolve this?

count
(@count)

Same Problem here. But no solution and no idea what the problem could be. I turn the system off and on again until the display reads "wait ..." instead "-". But that is no real solution.

ReplyQuote
strangebrewer
(@strangebrewer)

I've experienced the same issue. Like @count I've been able to get it to work occasionally after a few reboots but not with any consistency.

ReplyQuote
WinterModular
(@wintermodular)
Member Admin

Hi @strangebrewer @count @jube

I've seen this behaviour in some units, I can't exactly find the pattern that cause this issue because a unit with this intermittent fault works smooth if plugged in another system.

All the units that have left our HQ have been tested. With EME, we specially take care of checking this connection with the Eloquencer, so it has to be something related with the environment, something related with power supply or noise, but I'm just guessing I haven't found a consistent pattern behind.

ReplyQuote
WinterModular
(@wintermodular)
Member Admin

@strangebrewer @count @jube

Sorry, could you please tell me which Eloquencer Firmware version have installed ? (it is shown in the start up screen) ... and which is your EME serial number ? (4 numbers, in the module rear)

ReplyQuote
count
(@count)

Sorry for the late response, but i wasn't notified by the system and read it by chance.

I'm using the 1.3.9.beta firmware and my EME serial is 2162.

ReplyQuote