MIDI legato mode

Notifications
Clear all

MIDI legato mode  

mschurenko
(@mschurenko)
Topic starter  

Is there an option to have legato mode on/off when using a midi keyboard in free play or record mode?

like on the o coast

https://youtu.be/aIYlNfao18Q

I’m not sure how things are currently implemented but when you hold one note down and then hold another note  and then release the first note the envelope just dies. The first note is not retriggered either so you just hear nothing until you press another key. This makes is very difficult to play the keyboard and hold down more than one note. To the point that I would argue that it is not fun at all to use. 

WinterModular
(@wintermodular)
Member Admin

Hi @mschurenko,

This is related with the other things I mentioned in the other post ( https://winter-modular.com/community/eme/how-to-disable-ties-when-midi-recording/#post-1585 ). Legato, Tie and Polyphony are strongly related. I add some improvements in the 1.3.9 beta, but at the end I realized that it is not enough so I have introduced some improvements in the new version (not yet released).

The new version has MIDI IN polyphony so it can distribute the incoming MIDI note on/off messages into different Tracks. The notes are distributed along the selected tracks.

If only one track is selected in works in mono mode. so:

-(with tie record activated) when you press a key it places a note, if you press another note overlapped it creates a TIE and changes the CV value in that point (it kills the first note).

-(with tie record de-activated) when you press a key it places a note, if you press another note overlapped it just place a new note and kills the first note.

This is not what you are asking for, but it is related.
I will study the possibility to add an option for legato, for both play and rec, for the upcoming version.

ReplyQuote
mschurenko
(@mschurenko)
Topic starter  

ok thanks. that feature would be very welcome 

ReplyQuote