Clear all

[Sticky] new confinement Eloquencer beta version

Page 1 / 6

WinterModular
(@wintermodular)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

Hi all !

We have decided to publish the new Eloquencer betatester firmware version in case your are confined at home and want to play with it, well... if you are not confined at home you can use it too...
Inside the attached *.zip file you can find the 3 updater versions (linux, macosx and windows) and some of the new features and bug fixes on a PDF file. Follow carefully the usual instructions that can be found at : https://github.com/enoughframes/ELOQUENCER___UPDATER

We will probably add more features in the final version but we wanted to give something to play with to our users during these days.

We have tried to add some of the ideas that you have suggested here in the forum, not all, but we keep working and try to do as much as possible.

This is a beta version, it is not yet proved if it is stable or not, use it at your own risk, I mean...in the unlikely assumption that you have a gig during these days: don't load it !

Topic Tags
ddoyen
(@ddoyen)

Great! However, I don't see any pdf in the zip file

ReplyQuote
WinterModular
(@wintermodular)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

@ddoyen it is inside the folder 'beta_1_3_9' it is called  - *draft* new features 1_4_0.pdf -

ReplyQuote
David Ellis
(@davide37)
Active Member Customer

Posted by: @wintermodular

@ddoyen it is inside the folder 'beta_1_3_9' it is called  - *draft* new features 1_4_0.pdf -

No sign of any pdf.

ReplyQuote
WinterModular
(@wintermodular)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

Hi David!

this is an absolute x-file

i download and open it and I can see it... 😯  Maybe it can't be seen depending on the OS

Will upload it directly here

ReplyQuote
ddoyen
(@ddoyen)

@wintermodular Yea it's strange I can see it in the folder on my phone (android) but not in windows. 

ReplyQuote
David Ellis
(@davide37)
Active Member Customer

Posted by: @wintermodular

Hi David!

this is an absolute x-file

i download and open it and I can see it... 😯  Maybe it can't be seen depending on the OS

Will upload it directly here

That's quite a list! Are all those changes in beta 1_3_9?

ReplyQuote
WinterModular
(@wintermodular)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

@davide37 yes !

ReplyQuote
WinterModular
(@wintermodular)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

Hi @graciousgrendel !

There is a setting where you can deactivate the TIE recording (FUNC + OPTIONS (Hold)  > TIEs record : OFF

Could you please describe what is going on when you say that 'the note does not match' ?
There is a difference in 1 or 2 octaves. The Eloquencer notation goes from C0 to C10 that corresponds to 0 Volts to 10 Volts. The MIDI notation usually goes from octave minus2 to octave 8 , so 'note on' MIDI message '0' is Cminus2 and 'note on' MIDI message 127 is G8. In order to use all the possible range in relation with the Eloquencer range we did the following >> message '0' is 0 Volts, message 120 is 10 V. Is this octave difference the 'not match' you describe ?
Could you please detail your setup? Which is the MIDI source ?

Regarding the lag question, Are you experiencing the lag when recording notes using 'MIDI IN REC' in LIVE REC MODE? Which is your setup in this situation?  How much are we talking about ? Are you experiencing this difference in relation with the previous firmware 1.3.8 ?

ReplyQuote
WinterModular
(@wintermodular)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

Thanks for the betatesting @graciousgrendel!!

Ok will check ! And try to know what is going on.

ReplyQuote
synthdrome412
(@synthdrome412)

hi, love the eleoquencer,

but have run into an issue when i updated. it bricked.

now it will not power up. is there any solution for this ???

please please help. 

thank you!!!

shawn rudiman

ReplyQuote
synthdrome412
(@synthdrome412)

i retried the update.

even though there seemed to be "no power" or indication of none... (no lights etc)

it recognized and updated!!!!

off we go!

thanks!!! 

shawn

ReplyQuote
WinterModular
(@wintermodular)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

Hi @synthdrome412,

Great to know it is solve.

It is the typical semi-brick, the flash is deleted but it can still receive a new upload.

ReplyQuote
sunfalls
(@sunfalls)

quick inquiry:

if we're already at 1.3.8:

-do we need to recalibrate Eloquencer after installing the beta?

-must the EME be disconnected to install beta and/or recalibrated as well.

Or can we simply install beta and get to jamming?

cheers

https://www.instagram.com/sunfallsmusic/

ReplyQuote
ddoyen
(@ddoyen)

I noticed a possible bug.

I am clocking the eloquencer with the keystep pro with a cv clock. I have the Reset In set to Rst Trigg. If I stop the keystep and start it again, the eloquencer restarts in time as it should. However, if I am multiplying the incoming clock from the keystep and stop the sequence, the eloquencer advances two steps into the sequence after I stop. I have to hit stop twice on the keystep in order for the eloquencer to restart in time.

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 6