new confinement Elo...

Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] new confinement Eloquencer beta version

Page 6 / 7

tosh
 tosh
(@tosh)

So I tried to record the metropolis into the eloquencer, but it seems to not work probably, it records on every step(all 16), instead of the certain step I would like to have it.

also gate length is not possible to record, so if u record and play it afterwards it is completely different than what u recorded. 

ReplyQuote
WinterModular
(@wintermodular)
Member Moderator
Topic starter  

Hi @tosh,

Could you please describe the setup ?
Are you using the Gate and CV recording ?
If using beta, which is the configuration in TIE recording ? (inside OPTIONS)

ReplyQuote
modulpaule
(@modulpaule)

Hi @wintermodular

since the new module is out now and superbooth is over, are there any news about the update?

F-Ly liked
ReplyQuote
WinterModular
(@wintermodular)
Member Moderator
Topic starter  

@modulpaule Yes I know... Sorry, the new firmware is frozen until we finish with the Zaps launch, it should be during first quarter of 2022

ReplyQuote
Devo_Is_Real
(@devo_is_real)

@wintermodular

I love the Eloquencer but the firmware support..... sir, keep your eye on the ball.

ReplyQuote
Another_user
(@another_user)
Eminent Member

@devo_is_real 
I definately support that!

ReplyQuote
Jmcmill
(@jmcmill)

Would love to see the release notes for the upcoming firmware. Please tell me per track clock mult is in it. Pretty Please.

Currently I'm having to send a 4x clock into the eloquence and apply divs per track. It's not optimal at all. Considering every other sequencer I own does per track div and mult. But despite this I love my eloquencer. 

ReplyQuote
WinterModular
(@wintermodular)
Member Moderator
Topic starter  

@jmcmill I'm afraid it is not on the roadmap.
If we want to be consistent and stable in all the clocks (<350BPMS) and allow triplets and demisemiquavers (in ratcheting mode) we can't include the multiplier functionality per track. The workaround that you describe is the one I was going to propose.

ReplyQuote
MatthewThomasDavis
(@matthewthomasdavis)

This version will not allow me to set separate step modes per channel. Even when I select a single channel to divide by 4, for example, it changes all at the same time.

ReplyQuote
WinterModular
(@wintermodular)
Member Moderator
Topic starter  

@matthewthomasdavis As a new functionality in 1.3.9 the STEP DIV/x step mode is placed on a different page, so now you can apply one step mode + step mode div/x for every single tracks. You just need to follow the procedure below:

- FUNC + STEP MODE
- Move the encoder to choose STEP MODE or STEP MODE DIV (in this case choose STEP MODE DIV)
- Use the track buttons to choose which tracks you want to modify
- Press the encoder
- Turn the encoder to choose division in the desired tracks
- Press the encoder to confirm

Please confirm it worked !

ReplyQuote
MatthewThomasDavis
(@matthewthomasdavis)

@wintermodular It works! I must have missed that in the new draft pdf. Thank you!

Maybe someone has asked this already, but is it possible to add multiplication to the step mode? It would be super handy to be able to have tracks going at 2x or more of the master clock. But if not, I can always set the master clock to the fastest speed I need and then divide down from there.

ReplyQuote
WinterModular
(@wintermodular)
Member Moderator
Topic starter  

@matthewthomasdavis Happy to know it worked 🙂

I recommend the workaround you mentioned. Multiplication won't probably be a future feature, due to some timming/stability issues. I mean... the HW/SW can handle multiplication in most of the cases, but there will be situations where it is too much, let's say you have tempo at 350BPM, you multiply the track x2, and you have triplet ratchetings in all the steps -> it won't be stable. The idea is that the machine needs to be consistent in all the situations, no matter which configuration the user has chosen. But let's see... We could add a disclaimer like: 'if you use this and this and this at the same time , things can happen, use it under your own responsability'

ReplyQuote
Another_user
(@another_user)
Eminent Member

Posted by: @wintermodular

But let's see... We could add a disclaimer like: 'if you use this and this and this at the same time , things can happen, use it under your own responsability'

Hello @wintermodular
Finally you got it!
Enable the functions people ask for and warn them the way you said.
The microcontroller in the device is able to do so many things.
There is no need for you to restrict the machine.
People ask for multiplication of speed - OK! Give it us!
The same with other functions.
You should go this way, i my opinion.

ReplyQuote
WinterModular
(@wintermodular)
Member Moderator
Topic starter  

@another_user Your opinion has been registered.

ReplyQuote
Another_user
(@another_user)
Eminent Member

@wintermodular 
Nice to read that.

ReplyQuote
Page 6 / 7