new confinement Elo...

Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] new confinement Eloquencer beta version

Page 7 / 7

MatthewThomasDavis
(@matthewthomasdavis)

Is there a way to add separate quantization specific to different tracks? For example, I would like to restrict my bass line to certain notes and my lead line to others. And harmony to others.

ReplyQuote
MatthewThomasDavis
(@matthewthomasdavis)

or to turn off quantization on a specific track leaving others quantized. If I’m quantized to a scale, it can be hard to dial in specific values for sequences that control timbres. For example, modulating the model parameter on Plaits. I can’t always get to particular models when I’m quantized to a scale.

ReplyQuote
Another_user
(@another_user)
Eminent Member

@matthewthomasdavis 

I'm interested to see what you are talking about.
Would it be possible for you making a video and load it up to yt, or another platform?
Thank you!

ReplyQuote
MatthewThomasDavis
(@matthewthomasdavis)

• @another_user Sure, I’ll work on one this week. When the voltages are quantized, you can’t get voltages in between those values. I often like to set the quantization to a custom set of notes like triad and then enter different notes as a piece progresses. If I only have 2 notes allowed in the scale, then there are a lot of values in between those two notes that aren’t available on any of the CV track outputs. I like to use sequencers for things other than v/oct pitch sometimes.

ReplyQuote
Another_user
(@another_user)
Eminent Member

@matthewthomasdavis 

"quantized".
Du use a separate quantizer module to do that, or how is quatisation achieved in your case?

ReplyQuote
MatthewThomasDavis
(@matthewthomasdavis)

@another_user I use the Eloquencer scale group settings and random probability for the note choices and gate patterns. Or I send voltages into the CV inputs to be quantized by a particular track.

ReplyQuote
WinterModular
(@wintermodular)
Member Moderator
Topic starter  

Hi @matthewthomasdavis !

I had in mind to implement the track de-activation. It is a project parameter where you choose if any of the 8 tracks is de-attached from quantization, it is not Pattern related. I think it is your second proposal.

ReplyQuote
Another_user
(@another_user)
Eminent Member

@matthewthomasdavis 
That sounds quite normal.
Don't you have the issues me and some others pointed out in another thread?
We mentioned that sequences that undergo a transponation tend to be late.
How do you prevent your system to get influenced by that?

I am talking about this one here:
https://winter-modular.com/community/postid/2425/

This post was modified 5 months ago by Another_user

ReplyQuote
Mightycoco
(@mightycoco)

The beta is becoming soon 4 years old. Is there any progress on this? Some intermediate fixes would be awesome, maybe some RC-candidates?

Esp. annoying bugs like this one: https://winter-modular.com/community/firmware-updates/new-confinement-eloquencer-beta-version/paged/4/#post-1291

ReplyQuote
WinterModular
(@wintermodular)
Member Moderator
Topic starter  

Hi @mightycoco !

The bug you mentioned is solved in the version I'm working on.
I need to finish the section where I'm currently working (poliphony in LIVEREC) but after finishing this I could release another beta with fixes and some new features. The thing is I want to add a couple more things before release the final one.

ReplyQuote
MatthewThomasDavis
(@matthewthomasdavis)

I'm having a strange problem where some sequences are playing a C note when it's not in the custom scale quantization. I have the pattern on user scale 1 and choosing notes other than C and then setting random variation for the tracks I'm using, but there are tracks still playing C. It's very bizarre and I can't figure out why it's happening. I've never had this problem. I usually have great success using this feature, but it's happening all the time now.

ReplyQuote
WinterModular
(@wintermodular)
Member Moderator
Topic starter  

Hi @matthewthomasdavis 

Which FW version are you using? 1.3.9 ?

ReplyQuote
MatthewThomasDavis
(@matthewthomasdavis)

@wintermodular Yes, the latest beta firmware

ReplyQuote
WinterModular
(@wintermodular)
Member Moderator
Topic starter  

@matthewthomasdavis

I'm trying to reproduce the issue in 1.3.9 but I can't.

Does it happen in all the projects ? If you load a new/empty project Does it happen ?

Could you give me a practical example so I can reproduce it ?

Could you send me and email to support(a)winter-modular.com with the content of your microSD card and giving me the name of the project that is doing this ?

ReplyQuote
Guy Brewer
(@guy-brewer)

I'm sure someone has already requested this.. but some more options for step probability beyond a simple percentage value would be very nice to see.  

🙂

ReplyQuote
Page 7 / 7